Nicholas Jones' Blog


Monday, June 28, 2004
Saturday

My dad came up to 2A Langley road in his car to collect my stuff (TV, computer, clothes,...). It took hours to pack it all into the car, and when we had finished we found there was no room for my (rather large quantity of) leftover food. In the end we had to unpack the front seat of the car, I had to get in so that I could show dad where they were collecting food for the homeless on campus and pack the bags of food in around me. We dropped it off, went back to the house, and repacked the front seat. I had to go home by train because the car was full and I needed to take my bicycle back. Unfortunately I found out when dad called rail enquiries at about 1900 that the last train was at about 1925, so I didn't have time to finish vacuuming my room.

When we got back to Wakefield, I showed mum & dad my photos of Time Away, the Christian Aid bar crawl, Waving goodbye etc. I hope to use their scanner to put some of them on the web.

Sunday

Was spent unpacking all the stuff we'd put in the car yesterday, and putting most of it in the attic. We went to the local pub to have lunch, as my parents normally take me out for a meal each time I get back for the holidays, but they had stopped doing food. We walked over to the local indian restaurant and found that they didn't open at lunchtime, so we had to go back to the house and get the car to get lunch at a pub somewhere else. We had asunday lunch at another pub and Faith came and joined us.

Monday

Today I phoned the jobcentre to arrange an appointment to sign on. I went in to town to find my way around, look at the vacancies in the jobcentre, look around the shops and ask Natwest about my graduate account.

In Wakefield town centre they are recladding some 60s brown brick tower blocks in rather tasteless yellow plastic, I'm not yet convinced it's really an improvement but it isn't finished yet. All the charity shops that I saw open were asking for volunteers, so I might do that until I can find a job. The jobcentre had vacancies for factory workers, van drivers, other jobs for people with cars, secrataries and various other jobs which I don't think I'm suitable for. The information desk at Natwest told me my Graduate account stuff was in the post, so I needn't have worried.



Comments: Post a Comment





Links:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?